WhatsApp is a widely popular messaging application used by millions of people worldwide. One of its features is the ability to share status updates with your contacts. However, there may be times when you want to exclude certain contacts from viewing your status. In this article, we will explore various methods to exclude contacts from your WhatsApp status, allowing you to maintain privacy and share updates only with selected individuals.
Utilize WhatsApp’s Privacy Settings
WhatsApp provides built-in privacy settings that allow users to control who can view their status updates. To exclude specific contacts from seeing your status, follow these steps
- Open WhatsApp and go to the “Status” tab.
- Tap on the three dots in the top right corner to access the menu.
- Select “Status privacy” or “Privacy settings,” depending on your device.
- In the privacy settings, you’ll find different options such as “My contacts,” “My contacts except,” and “Only share with.” Choose the appropriate option based on your preferences.
- Tap on “My contacts except” and manually select the contacts you wish to exclude from viewing your status.
- Save the changes, and those selected contacts will no longer see your status updates.
Create a Custom Contact List
Another effective method to exclude contacts from your WhatsApp status is by creating a custom contact list. By doing this, you can share your status updates only with a specific group of contacts. Follow these steps to create a custom contact list
- Open WhatsApp and go to the “Settings” tab.
- Select “Account” and then “Privacy.”
- Tap on “Status” and choose the option “My contacts except.”
- Now, tap on the “New List” option to create a custom contact list.
- Name your new list, and then manually add the contacts you wish to include.
- Save the changes, and your custom contact list will be created.
- Next time you want to share a status update, select the custom contact list instead of “My contacts” or “My contacts except.” This way, your status updates will only be visible to the contacts on your custom list.
Blocking Unwanted Contacts
If you have specific contacts you wish to exclude from viewing your WhatsApp status and also want to restrict their overall access to your profile, blocking them is an effective solution. Here’s how you can do it
- Open WhatsApp and go to the chat window of the contact you want to block.
- Tap on the contact’s name at the top of the chat.
- Scroll down and select the “Block” option.
- Confirm your decision by tapping “Block” again.
Once you block a contact, they won’t be able to view your status updates, send you messages, or see your profile picture and last seen status. Please note that blocking a contact should only be considered if you no longer want any form of communication with them.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How can I know if someone excluded me from seeing their status on WhatsApp?
Another indicator is you do not see updates to a contact’s profile photo. Messages and status updates sent by a blocked contact will not show up on your phone and will never be delivered to you. Additionally, your last seen and online information will no longer be visible to contacts you have blocked.
Is it possible not to see someone’s status on WhatsApp?
If you don’t wish to see a specific contact’s status updates, you can mute their status updates so they won’t appear towards the top of the Status tab anymore. Open WhatsApp > Status. Tap and hold your contact’s status update. Tap Mute.
Maintaining privacy on WhatsApp is crucial, and excluding specific contacts from viewing your status updates can help you control who sees your personal updates. By utilizing the built-in privacy settings, creating custom contact lists, or blocking unwanted contacts, you can have greater control over your WhatsApp status visibility. It’s essential to review your privacy settings regularly and adjust them according to your preferences. Remember, your privacy and comfort should always be a priority when using any messaging application, and WhatsApp’s features can be customized to meet your needs.