Call forwarding has become an essential feature in our increasingly connected world. It allows us to redirect incoming calls to another number, ensuring we never miss important communications. However, there are times when we need to deactivate call forwarding temporarily or permanently. In this article, we will explore various methods and step-by-step instructions to deactivate call forwarding on different devices and platforms. Whether you’re using a landline, mobile phone, or VoIP service, this guide will equip you with the knowledge to regain control over your incoming calls.
Deactivating Call Forwarding on Mobile Phones
Mobile phones are ubiquitous, and call forwarding options are readily available on these devices. To deactivate call forwarding on your mobile phone, follow these steps
- Open the Phone app.
- Tap the menu icon (usually three dots or lines).
- Go to “Settings” or “Call Settings.”
- Select “Call forwarding” or a similar option.
- Disable all call forwarding options or select “Turn off.”
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap “Phone.”
- Choose “Call Forwarding.”
- Toggle the switch to turn off call forwarding.
Disabling Call Forwarding on Landline Phones
Landline phones still have a place in many households and offices. If you need to deactivate call forwarding on your landline, the process may vary slightly based on your service provider. Generally, you can follow these steps
- Pick up your landline phone and listen for a dial tone.
- Enter the deactivation code provided by your service provider. For example, *73 is commonly used in the United States.
- Wait for a confirmation tone or message indicating that call forwarding has been deactivated.
- Hang up the phone to complete the process.
Deactivating Call Forwarding on VoIP Services
Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) services offer flexibility and advanced call forwarding options. To deactivate call forwarding on a VoIP service, you can typically follow these steps
- Log in to your VoIP account using a web browser or a dedicated app.
- Navigate to the call settings or preferences section.
- Look for the call forwarding options or a similar menu.
- Disable call forwarding or toggle off the relevant options.
- Save the changes or apply the settings to deactivate call forwarding.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is *# 62 code used for?
*#21# – By dialling this USSD code, you would get to know if your calls have been diverted somewhere else or not. *#62# – With this, you can know if any of your calls – voice, data, fax, SMS etc, have been forwarded or diverted without your knowledge.
How do I deactivate *# 62?
To forward calls, if the phone is switched off or out of reach in a BSNL number, dial **62*number# from the phone. To deactivate, dial ##62#.
Call forwarding is undoubtedly a useful feature, but there are situations where it becomes necessary to deactivate it. By following the instructions provided in this article, you can easily regain control over your incoming calls. Whether you’re using a mobile phone, landline, or VoIP service, the steps outlined here will help you deactivate call forwarding and ensure that calls reach you directly.