Call forwarding is a valuable feature that allows individuals to redirect their incoming calls to another phone number. However, there are instances when disabling call forwarding becomes necessary. Whether you wish to regain control over your incoming calls or troubleshoot issues, this article will guide you through the process of disabling call forwarding on various devices and networks. By following the steps provided, you will be able to deactivate call forwarding effortlessly and restore normal call routing.
Disabling Call Forwarding on Mobile Devices
Android Devices To disable call forwarding on Android devices, follow these steps
- Go to the “Phone” app on your device.
- Tap the three-dot menu icon or the settings gear icon.
- Select “Call Settings” or a similar option.
- Locate and tap on “Call Forwarding” or “More Settings.”
- Choose “Voice Call” or “Voice” and then select “Turn off” or “Disable.”
Disabling call forwarding on iOS devices requires the following steps
- Open the “Settings” app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Scroll down and tap on “Phone.”
- Select “Call Forwarding.”
- Toggle the switch to the off position.
Disabling Call Forwarding on Landline Phones
Traditional Landline Phones To disable call forwarding on a traditional landline phone, use the following procedure
Pick up the receiver and listen for a dial tone.
Dial the code provided by your phone service provider to access the call forwarding settings.
Follow the prompts to disable call forwarding or listen for an option to turn it off.
Digital Landline Phones Digital landline phones may require a different approach to disable call forwarding. Consult the user manual provided by your phone manufacturer or contact customer support for detailed instructions.
Disabling Call Forwarding on VoIP Services
To disable call forwarding on Skype, follow these steps
- Launch the Skype application.
- Click on your profile picture or name.
- Select “Settings” from the dropdown menu.
- Navigate to the “Calling” section.
- Disable call forwarding options, if enabled.
To disable call forwarding on Google Voice, use the following steps
- Go to the Google Voice website or open the app.
- Click on the gear icon or navigate to the settings menu.
- Select “Calls” or a similar option.
- Locate the call forwarding settings and turn them off.
Troubleshooting Call Forwarding
If you encounter issues while attempting to disable call forwarding, consider the following troubleshooting tips
- Ensure that you are following the correct steps for your specific device or service.
- Verify your network connection to ensure uninterrupted communication with your service provider.
- Restart your device or perform a soft reset to resolve any temporary glitches.
- Contact your service provider’s customer support for assistance if the problem persists.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do I deactivate *# 62?
To forward calls, if the phone is switched off or out of reach in a BSNL number, dial **62*number# from the phone. To deactivate, dial ##62#.
What is call forwarding unconditionally *# 21?
Incoming calls are immediately forwarded to the destination number. Activate Call Forward Unconditional Dial *21*, followed by the 10-digit number you want your calls forwarded to, then #. A message indicates that Call Forward Unconditional is activated.
Disabling call forwarding can be necessary for regaining control over incoming calls or troubleshooting issues. By following the step-by-step instructions provided for various devices and networks, you can easily disable call forwarding and restore normal call routing. Remember to consult your device’s user manual or reach out to customer support if you encounter any difficulties. With these insights, you can confidently manage your call forwarding settings and tailor your communication experience to your needs.